Why have an epoxy garage floor? Common garage floors are just basic grey concrete. In excess of time, stains from grease, oils, and chemical substances trigger simple gray concrete to grow to be an unsightly eyesore. Possessing an epoxy garage flooring coating will give you many years of service, sturdiness and will resist most stains as well as give you with a wonderfully, completed surface area to preserve the price of your residence.
The Most Typical Epoxy Ground Coating Methods
There are 3 frequent methods offered that will increase your garage floor:
1. Epoxy & Polyurethane Solid Shade Program
two. Epoxy Chipstone (partial vinyl chip broadcast) with Polyurethane Leading Coat Technique
3. Epoxy Granitex (a hundred% vinyl chip broadcast) with Polyurethane Best Coat System
Hold in brain that with these a few epoxy methods, you have ‘good’, ‘better’ and ‘best’ varieties of epoxy garage ground methods.
The Very good System
The epoxy polyurethane solid coloration system will final approximately five-seven many years, maintenance free of charge, but will require a upkeep coat of pigmented polyurethane. This garage floor coating is generally a two-coat, thin film program ranging in thickness from four-twenty mils. It is used by roller or airless sprayer.
The Much better Program
The epoxy Chipstone technique will last about 7-12 years, maintenance free before needing a servicing coat of obvious polyurethane. https://www.puretekllc.com/ is made up of one pigmented primer coat of epoxy a pigmented colour coat with a partial/mild broadcast of vinyl chips into the damp epoxy and a one coat of clear polyurethane for security. The thickness is about twenty-30 mils.
The Best Method
The epoxy Granitex method can last as lengthy as twelve-fifteen+ years, routine maintenance totally free prior to needing a servicing coat of polyurethane. This epoxy flooring coating is usually one particular pigmented primer coat a pigmented coloration coat with a a hundred%/full broadcast of vinyl chips and two coats of clear polyurethane.
Appropriate area planning is vital to the extended expression success of the set up. All surfaces to be coated must be cleaned of contaminants which might interfere with bonding. Concrete need to be acid-etched, shot-blasted or diamond-floor to achieve a profile equivalent to a hundred and twenty grit sandpaper. After preparation, the concrete area need to be inspected for holes and cracks. If holes or cracks are commonplace, then patchwork ought to be done. After planning is full, set up is ready to start.
Set up of Granitex Epoxy Garage Floor Program:
1. Surface area planning, patchwork and roll one particular coat of pigmented epoxy primer.
2. After epoxy primer is dry, examine, prep and roll one particular coat of pigmented epoxy over primed spot. Function in 10×10 or 12×12 sections at a time. While epoxy is moist, broadcast vinyl chips into soaked epoxy. Be confident the region gets 100% protection. When all sections are fully covered, enable dry totally.
3. When all sections are dry, scrape, sweep and vacuum all excessive Granitex vinyl chips from the floor. Implement a slim coat of polyurethane to lock and lay vinyl chips down.
4. When the polyurethane is dry, implement a second coat for a closing prime coat. As an choice, non-skid resin sand can be included to increase the slip resistance.
All epoxy garage floor coatings can be easily cleaned with mild, liquid detergents then mopping, hosing or even “swiffering”. Grease, oils, and most chemical substances will not stain or soak up into the epoxy coated floor.